The Forth Ward School was built in 1891 and was the first of the small school buildings designed by Waters. It was constructed of a light colored brick and had contrasting courses of dark brick. The lintels, sills and pediment cap were cut of lime stone.
The building displays complete symmetry and is topped with Queen Anne style belfry. The structure is no longer standing.