The decade of the eighteen eighties saw the end of the economic recession that had plagued the county for many years. The Waters' firm was doing great business, getting commissions from all over the state. Queen Anne and Richardsonian Romanesque were the latest styles in vogue and Waters embraced them wholeheartedly.
In August of 1882 there appeared a notice for bids on a church for Welsh Calvinistic Methodists, the bids to be received and the plans viewed a the office of William Waters. The newspapers didn't pick up on the story again until 1884 with an article on the dedication of the new church. The description states construction began a year earlier on a Light St. lot which cost $1,200. The structure itself cost $6,000, so enthusiastic was the congregation that by the time of the dedication half the debt was retired. The building was in the Queen Anne Style with two entrances on the front elevation above which were a set triplet windows. The roof was topped this a stout yet elegant steeple. Inside there was seating for 250 people, the walls were frescoed, windows were of rolled cathedral glass and carpeting throughout. Movable panels behind the pulpit separated the Sunday School rooms from the church proper. Also known as the Salem Church, the congregation was active until 1933 when it closed due to declining membership. The land was sold to the city and became part of the high school campus.