Plans for brick structure were drawn by William Waters and the construction contract let to a Green Bay firm. The former courthouse was sold and put to use as a cigar factory which went up in smoke in 1885. The new courthouse sat on a high limestone foundation with a main pavilion to the left of a soaring tower. At the center of the pavilion was the front entrance, gained by a flight of nine steps. Limestone accents graced the top of the arched opening. Above there was a large triplet window with a Roman arch with limestone accents as well. Along each side of the pavilion at its center was a cross gable with triplet window on the first floor and an arched triplet window on the second floor, echoing that on the front elevation. Small double windows occupied the peak of each gable. The tower above the roof line had eight side and four louvered openings also with Roman arches matching the windows of the second floor. A domed roof capped the tower. The building's floor plan seemed to be the reverse of that use in the Price, Oneida and Waushara County courthouses used later that same decade.