Smith School in Oshkosh, Wittenberg and Brandon High Schools were not the only schools for which Mr. Waters used the same plans. The 1880's were busy times for William Waters with much work in Oshkosh and the growing north land. In mid December of 1887 a one line notice was printed in the Oshkosh Weekly Northwestern stating the architect was preparing plans for a school in Shawano. No mention was made that it was to be the new high school and the reader is given no dimensions, construction materials or other specifications. One may speculate the school was built in 1888 and may have been finished by the start of school that year. The building remained in service for many years but not always as the high school, later it became a grade school and was renamed Lincoln School but was destroyed by fire in 1924.