Sunday, July 26, 2015
St. Paul's, Neenah
At the turn of the twentieth century there were five Lutheran Churches in Neenah and not one of them worshiped in english. By 1912 a group of english speaking lutherans decided to form their own congration. The church rented a small chapel on Bond Street from The Norwegian Lutherans but it wasn't long before the group realized the need for a bigger house of worship. In the Oshkosh Daily Northwestern of October 3,1914, under the headline; "A PROPOSED TWIN CITY CHRUCH." there appeared a rendering of a beautiful new edifice. The accompanying article told of the congregations need and described the new building designed by William Water of Oshkosh.