The company had a parcel of land fronting on Ceder St. along side a canal, a fine place to build an office. In March of 1880 the construction contract was let to Watkins Gittens of Neenah and work started shortly after that. The Oshkosh Times, in an article about Kimberly Clark, published on November 27th 1880 mentioned that the firm had just moved in to it's fine new office building which had been designed by William Waters. The notice also stated that the two story brick building measured 28 x 60 with heating apparatus in the basement and offices on the first and second floors. It was indeed a handsome structure of cream colored brick with dark courses and lintel accents. The building was capped by a steep hipped roof with a Gothic arched window occupying a dormer, front and center. The fenestration was regular and symmetrical with rosettes carved into the keystones and springers of the lintels.
Sometime around 1906 an addition was erected on the west and south sides of the building. There is no written account of the addition or its planning, just fire insurance maps showing an expanded structure about that time. Surely the addition was penned by Mr. Waters as it was sympathetic to the original facade. The addition however had no hipped roof or dormer to match the original, this gave the building a somewhat unbalanced look. Kimberly Clark built a new office in 1956 but the old building on Ceder, cum Commercial Street still served the company. With the demolition of Neenahs' city hall in the early 1970's the old office building became the temporary city hall from 1972 to 78 and was razed when the city moved in to a new building.